February 26, 2009 § 10 Comments
..By random tweets I see and blogs that I read.. Sometimes they do make sense.. Not like the ones where you think you can fly like superman.. Or that Nobody noticed when you fell off your chair in a bar (*after 1 drink).. The ones which *Actually* make sense..
So here’s my new life plan..
* Stop doing things that I don’t like – This includes work, meeting people, eating bad food, smiling at people I hate
* No Whining – Yeah, So I didn’t get the raise I wanted.. So my parents never took me to Disneyland.. My boyfriend cheated on me.. Whatever.. Just Get over it..
* Take Charge – So no more sitting around and complaining about things not working out.. So If I want something done, I’ll go and get it…
* Get My Priorities right – No more focusing on things which don’t matter in long run includes petty office politics..
* Get My Finances Straight – No more holidays or shopping till all bills and debts are paid off.. Includes family loans 😛
* Be a better Human Being – I don’t care if that’s being idealist, but I think I want to concentrate more on content life than corporate.. So don’t be surprised if down the line, I quit IT to move into social sector.. not yet though.. too many bills to clear 🙂
January 8, 2009 § Leave a comment
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Snorkeling.. Just loved it..
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Nah, I don’t make new year resolutions..
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What places did you visit?
Well, last year was started in Melbourne.. and ended in Mount Abu.. In between, I visited Thailand, Udaipur, Bhimtal, Agra…
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Can’t think of anything
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I really can’t think of any date.. 😦
8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Jumping into sea.. Even though I can’t swim and I’m terrified of water (there are instances of almost drowning to thank for that)
9. What was your biggest failure?
I’m trying to stay positive this year. hence won’t dwell on these
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
oh, yes.. so many.. 😛
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hmmm, So Hard to decide.. let me be noble and nice.. Gifts for few friends from different trips.. Their Smiles and hugs said it all..
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Certain person I know.. She chose work over her sick kid.. Can’t tolerate that..
14. Where did most of your money go?
Stock Market, Books and Movies.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Pappu can’t dance Saala
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Of course, poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spending time with Kids
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas this year?
Day started with Doughnuts Brunch with friend, ended in train with me off to Udaipur
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I almost thought I did.. Luckily, it got over before it started
22. How was work?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Heroes, Ugly Betty, Greys Anatomy, Gossip Girl, Big Bang Theory DH
24. What did you do for your birthday in 2008?
Had loads and Loads of Cake..
Day started with N bringing me flowers n Cake.. Then early morning calls, more cake by team, more flowers, loads of Gifts, more cake, dinner with friends.. this was a series which continued til weekend..
25. What was the best book you read?
Discworld Novels by Terry Pratchett. Totallly in love with those
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I stayed with my Old favorites
27. What did you want and get?
Lots of stuff… esp shoes and Bags 😛
28. What did you want and not get?
Retirement with loads of money
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Enchanted.. Have already seen it 5 times.. always cheers me up
30. Did you make some new friends this year?
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Hmmm.. Had some people been Better Human Beings than what they are..
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Lots of Dresses…
33. What kept you sane?
Who says I’m sane
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
John Abraham.. Did u see his abs in Dostana?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Focus on terror in elections than development
35a. What political issue stirred you the least?
all religious stuff.. dunt care..
36. Who did you miss?
37. Who was the best new person you met?
38. Burn any bridges?
39. Best new restaurant you went to?
40. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Be happy.. Life doesn’t stop for your cribs..
Tag, you’re it.