December 20, 2011 § 2 Comments
Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite authors. And did you know that he writes such beautiful poems as well? When I read this one, I knew I wanted to look at it every day. So I ordered this as a little birthday present to myself from Neverwear
and it’s a signed print 😀 😀 😀 (Can’t wait for it to arrive)
Have a read yourself –
100 Words by Neil Gaiman
A hundred words to talk of death?
At once too much and not enough.
My plans beyond that final breath
are currently a little rough.
The dying thing comes on so slow:
reluctance to get out of bed
is magnified each day and so
transmuted into dead.
I dream of dying all alone,
nobody there to watch me pass
nothing remains for me to own,
no breath remains to fog the glass.
And when I do put down my pen
my memories will fly like birds.
When I am done, when I am dead,
and finished with my hundred words.
December 19, 2011 § Leave a comment
Another year gone by. And what a year it was. From Heartbreaks to life changes, it had everything in it. I live such a soap-opera life.
Here’s a recap:
– I moved to a new continent.
– I’m back in school.
– Boy broke my heart. yet again. And in million pieces. You would think by now I will be wiser to it.
– Personal crisis in family. We are still coming to terms with it.
– Knee problem is finally diagnosed. And while I go through the pain each week, It does mean less ankle/leg mishaps in long run.
– I now have an enviable collection of OPI nail paints. (One girlie point has to be there)
– I also belong to apple slave category now. Phone, Laptop, iPod – yup they got me. One shiny gadget at a time.
And to top it all, few hours before my birthday I met Neil Gaiman. He not only signed my books and let me have a pic with him, he also liked my T-shirt and wrote Happy Birthday on one book. How awesome is that?
I’m still in fangirl heaven and it’s been 2 days :))
There were disappointments, of course. But I think at the start of new year, I’ll just ignore them or forget them if I can.
Here’s to me. Hopefully, one day I’ll be wiser.