May 14, 2012 § Leave a comment
Breathless, we flung us on the windy hill,
Laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass.
You said, “Through glory and ecstasy we pass;
Wind, sun, and earth remain, the birds sing still,
When we are old, are old… .” “And when we die
All’s over that is ours; and life burns on
Through other lovers, other lips,” said I,
—-“Heart of my heart, our heaven is now, is won!”
“We are Earth’s best, that learnt her lesson here.
Life is our cry. We have kept the faith!” we said;
”We shall go down with unreluctant tread
Rose-crowned into the darkness!” … Proud we were,
And laughed, that had such brave true things to say.
—-And then you suddenly cried, and turned away.
February 15, 2012 § 3 Comments
If you have any gay friends or have been online enough, you know all about Grindr. I did hear that there was a hetero version of this app called Blendr. Pretty much figured it for random hook-ups, so never bothered to learn anything else. Then I read a blogpost in morning (link once I relocate it) which mentioned Blendr being used by a couple to meet. Interesting, only caveat was that there was lot of underwear pics exchange and of course, sex on first date.
That worries me. It’s hard enough to find decent man out there. (OK, Not that hard. But very hard if you want your Mr. Right). Now I have to compete with women who probably had awesome bodies and are comfortable enough to pose in their lacy underwear. And what about looking for long-term relationships? If I really wanted a hook-up, my neighborhood bar provides enough options. Hell, it even provides promises of wining and dining.
Maybe it’s the Indian me who finds soliciting sex via an app little uncomfortable? What do you think? Is it just me being prude and such apps do need to exist?
December 20, 2011 § 2 Comments
Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite authors. And did you know that he writes such beautiful poems as well? When I read this one, I knew I wanted to look at it every day. So I ordered this as a little birthday present to myself from Neverwear
and it’s a signed print 😀 😀 😀 (Can’t wait for it to arrive)
Have a read yourself –
100 Words by Neil Gaiman
A hundred words to talk of death?
At once too much and not enough.
My plans beyond that final breath
are currently a little rough.
The dying thing comes on so slow:
reluctance to get out of bed
is magnified each day and so
transmuted into dead.
I dream of dying all alone,
nobody there to watch me pass
nothing remains for me to own,
no breath remains to fog the glass.
And when I do put down my pen
my memories will fly like birds.
When I am done, when I am dead,
and finished with my hundred words.
September 4, 2011 § Leave a comment
..And best person to give that is yourself.
It’s great to be in a new place, learning new things, meeting new people. But it does get lonely at times. Esp if you are just trying to get over another heartbreak. Add massive weight-gain to that and you know you are heading down-hill.
So what a girl does to cheer herself up?
Here are things I’ve been trying and stuff that makes me happy nowadays
1. Shopping – Shopping in Australia is tough. It’s just too expensive. So I turned to one of my favorite affordable brands which is ASOS. Pretty clothes, fun bags.. I’m so ready for spring. Add few more online sites. Few sales. And I’ve a new wardrobe. I also have a new favorite work wear brand -Raoul. Such brilliant and comfy formal clothes.
2. Macarons – I’m yet to try all the note-worthy macaron places. But it’s fun discovering them.
3. Straight Hair – My heartbreaks are usually followed by extreme hair cuts. This time, I decided not to lose the length, just the look. I was reading up on different hair straightening options and came across Japanese HS. It’s bit expensive than others (ok, lot expensive), But unlike HS in India, it doesn’t leave your hair too dry. I went with Shiseido HS which basically uses Shiseido products. Process took about 5 hours and 10% of my pay. And it’s so worth it. My hair is so soft after washes and less frizzy and they look just awesome.
4. Jelly Beans– I’m never without them. At work, at uni, in trams, in queues. Sugar Rush is still the best
5. Compliments – From co-workers to people in Bar, It just brighten ups my day when someone tells me something nice. I esp love the reactions when people find out my age. Thanks for good genes, Mom n Dad.
6. New apartment – We are moving to new place by end of this month and I’m so excited. I’ve already have my shopping list ready for my room. Wall-to-wall wardrobe, Ensuite with Spa Bath, Convenient location. I just love it.
7. Makeup – Somehow between Delhi to Melbourne, I developed a fetish for lip colors. I purchased quite a few from Singapore airport, then few here. And I’m so in love with them. My current favorites are Clinique’s Chubby Stick and L’oreal’s Infallible. This week I seem to be leaning back towards eye-liners and I already have few in mind that I would like to purchase.
8. Nails – I’ve discovered OPI. OMG, what colors. Just so pretty. I’ve about 20 shades sitting in shopping cart. And it’s taking all my strength to not place an order.
9 Dr Who – My fascination with Dr Who is now bordering on obsession. I’ve bought pens just because they have floating Dalek/Tardis in them. Horrible to write with, but I’m still buying more. Next one will have cyberman in it. I’m loving the micro figures assortments. Each packet contains 1 of the 10 figures. And I still buy them like a little kid trying to complete her collection. No, I’ll not give you extra figures. Next up on wish list is to buy 11 doctors micro figure set and then angels one or maybe both.
10 Sponge fingers – How did we not meet before, dear sponge fingers? They are now part of my morning coffee routine. And so yum. Not very sugary inside with sugar sprinkles on top. Love them.
Add books and beers to this list and you have a really happy girl.
Moral of the story is Boys break your heart, but shopping and food makes it alright. 🙂
So what do you do to make yourself happy?
May 11, 2011 § 4 Comments
It’s funny how everyone claims to know you. Friends, family – everyone thinks they can make better life choices for you. It’s fascinating to hear all these advices, comments and sometimes from people that you don’t even know that well.
Let’s take my moving to new country for an example. Very Few friends were supportive. Few helped in making up the mind as well. But few were so judgmental, some downright mean. Few friends said it openly that they think this idea is stupid. And I respect that. It is Stupid but I like doing stupid things :). This person in my office commented that this was what I’ve been planning for a long time in a very scathing manner. First of all, if it was, it’s none of your business. Secondly, Unlike most people, I don’t lie. Finally, Go to hell.
People make decisions. Some you like. Some you don’t. Don’t make random remarks as if some conspiracy is going on.
I was lucky that things fell in plate on their own. Few years back, I had gotten admission in Uni Mel. I really wanted to go. But due to visa and financial constraints, I had to drop that plan. So I applied to another visa, Thinking I will join next year. Visa Rules changed. By the time I received the visa, I wasn’t interested in that course. I knew enough that I didn’t want to work in corporate environment. So here I was, with a visa and no plans to go. Then, things happened at work (No, nothing negative). Generally, decide the path kind of things. I realized I didn’t want to choose any path. And Let’s face it, I couldn’t really continue staying in same position. So I looked around, explored my options, discussed with few. And Voila, Had made up my mind.
Of course, after making up the mind, I changed it multiple times. To Go or not to Go. And you know the final result.
May 24, 2010 § 1 Comment
Do you like it?
It reminds me of summer colors.. Which is the current weather by the way.
March 22, 2010 § 4 Comments
Very fine. Thank you.
That’s how I feel most of the time these days. I’m pretty close to Nirvana.. And that’s what scares me. Funny, right?
When I think about my life these days, I really can’t complain about anything.
I’ve an amazing Family that supports me through all my whims and craziness.
I’ve some of the best people in this world as my friends.
My work’s not great but it ain’t bad either. Which is more than most people can say.
I’m almost done with ‘things to do before 30’ list. Now I’m preparing one for 40s, so I can start on it.
I think the reason I feel content is that somehow somewhere (very recently) I realized that I was focusing more on petty things around me than on my priorities. And when I started thinking about my priorities, everything became ok. That’s all it took. Focus on important things and people in life.
So what Bitch at work made another nasty comment. Maybe poor thing is unhappy at home.
So what Someone else is earning more than me. Maybe he needs it more than I do.
So what she’s got a bigger house. Maybe her family needs more space.
I spent a day thinking and realized I’m not ambitious enough. I really don’t want to become a CEO.
I really don’t care about bank balance as long as I can buy things I want. And clearly I can.
All I want to do in life is to travel, read and meet interesting people. which I’m already doing. Yes, I wouldn’t mind longer vacations but then again, who wouldn’t.
So, Moral of the story is ‘Get your priorities right and focus on them. Nothing else matters’
PS: Maybe one day I’ll become a self-help guru and teach world my profound thoughts 😛