Uninstalling/Downgrading Flash Player
March 31, 2009 § 6 Comments
As testers, we often need to test web apps with different versions of flash player.. And whoever has ever tried to do that, never got it right in first attempt.. Talk about Usability 😛
Documentation and Downloadable links can be found at
Uninstall Flash Player
Flash Player Older Versions
Now here’s the catch, if you were using latest Flash Player 10 ActiveX control (basically FP 10 on IE), you won’t be able to install previous 10 version even after using this uninstaller.. Reason being, there are lot many apps using flash files – browsers, IMs.. So it never gets uninstalled properly. Solution is quite simple.
1. Copy Flash uninstaller to your hard drive
2. Open Command Prompt
3. Navigate to the location where you have this uninstaller
4. Type uninstall_flash_player.exe /clean
5. Press Enter
6. Flash player uninstaller will launch. Simply continue.
7. Do click on details once uninstall is complete.
8. If it says Delete on Boot. Restart your system.
That’s it.. your system is free for any other versions to be installed